Life in a Box
About the game
Raise animals in boxes and either eat them or sell them.
As animals eat and drink they become bigger and worth more money if sold or will cure more hunger if eaten.
If they are hungry or thirsty click on the fountain or crop to grab the correct resource and click the animal to give it to them.
When animals are happy (not hungry or thirsty) they will randomly produce coins.
Click/touch coins to collect them.
When animals are hungry or thirsty their life bar will drain. When it is empty they die and you get nothing for them. Sell or eat them before they die.
Your life bar is the big bar at the bottom of the screen. If it runs out, you lose.
Eat animals by clicking the eat button at the bottom and then clicking on the animal you want to eat. Depending of the animals value, your hunger bar will fill back up.
You can buy more animals by pressing the buttons on the right side of the screen and clicking to place the animal in your farm.
You can sell animals by clicking the sell button and clicking the animal you want to sell.
If you have no animals on the screen and less than 100 coins you will automatically die.
- For mouse users, click the button you want to use then click the animal you want to use it on. For example, click the fountain, then click the chicken to give the chicken water. Or click the sell icon, then click the pig to sell the pig. When buying animals, click the buy animal icon and the click where you want to place them. Click coins to collect them.
- For mobile users, tap the button you want to use then tap the animal you want to use it on. For example, tap the fountain, then tap the chicken to give the chicken water. Or tap the sell icon, then tap the pig to sell the pig. When buying animals, tap the buy animal icon and the tap where you want to place them. Tap coins to collect them.
About the creation
- Made in just under 4 hours.
- Project was created from scratch using ct.js.
- All art and sound assets are from art packs included in ct.js except title screen which was designed by me on canva.com.
About the future
(If I continue development on the game)
- Balance numbers more
- Death screen with summary of run
- Highscore leaderboards
- Unlockable animal avatars
- Improve graphics
- Improve mobile controls
- Label gameplay elements (eat button, sell button, etc)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.